Business Administration BBA
The American Liberty University's undergraduate Business Administration Program serves society by graduating students, who understand the total business environment; who possess a broad range of technical and interpersonal skills; who effectively deal inside and outside the organization, and across national and international boundaries; and who, through their work study program, have had real world experiences in industrial or service organizations. Thus, the program imparts knowledge, tools, skills and attitudes that create productive employees and managerial leaders.
Admission Requirements/Application Procedure
Applicants must provide evidence of the following:
- Complete the Application for Admission and submit it with a non-refundable check or money order for $110.00 payable to American Liberty University.
- Be in good standing with the college or university currently or most recently attended.
- Provide two recent color passport size photos.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended.
- Submit a 1-2 page Statement of Educational purpose (basically, a letter in your own words) that gives us an idea of your future career objectives, issues in education important to you, or a brief statement of your experiences in the business field, which make our program of interest to you.
- To satisfy the requirements of the BBA degree completion program, a student must have successfully completed 30 semester hours of general education course work, 30 semester hours of business foundation courses, 21 semester hours of business core courses in the concentration, plus electives, for a total of 120 semester hours. Students accepted into the degree completion program must have at least 51 semester hours of acceptable transfer credit.
- Satisfactory completion of all requirements in the program of study.
- Satisfactory completion of foundation courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- File a petition to graduate.
- Fulfillment of all financial obligations to the University.
Transfer students from junior, community, or technical colleges may have up to half of the requirements for a baccalaureate degree accepted. Total transfer credit accepted by the University is 60 semester hours. The Dean of College/Department and the program director will make the final evaluation of transfer credits. Students transferring to the American Liberty University with at least an overall cumulative average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) may transfer all college-level work completed at a “C-” level or higher.
BBA Course Requirements
All students must complete minimum 120 semester hours; with 30 semester hours of general education course work, 30 semester hours of business foundation courses, 21 semester hours of business core courses in the concentration, and 39 semester hours of electives. The program is developed as follows:
General Education Courses: 30 semester hours
The University requires a General Studies Curriculum for all students in degree programs. The required courses are selected from the Humanities and Communications, Science and Mathematics, and Behavioral Science.
The purpose of the General Education Curriculum as a base is to liberate persons from narrow perspectives, ideas, and values; to open the mind to a higher and more complex world; and to foster the development of appropriate intellectual and interpersonal skills.
Students must have completed, or must complete courses in the following general education areas:
Humanities and Communications (12 semester hours)
Effective College English
Science and Mathematics (9 semester hours)
Social and Behavioral Science (9 semester hours)
Business Foundation Modules: 30 semester hours (each course 3 semester credits unless noted)
Students are required to take the following courses. All students are required to complete the 10 foundation modules, earning a grade of “C” or better, regardless of transfer credits awarded.
BUS301 Organizational Communications
BUS312 Critical and Creative Thinking
BUS311 Business Law and Ethics
BUS325 Business Policy and Strategy
MG302 Organizational Behavior
MG312 Leadership in Organizations
MG331 Technology in Business I
MG341 Quantitative Methods in Business I
EC311 International Business
MK302 Marketing I
Business Core Courses (21 semester hours) (each course 3 semester credits unless noted)
Business Administration Core Requirements (minimum of 21 semester hours)
Students in the Business Administration concentration are required to take the following courses:
AC401 Principles of Accounting I
MG401 Principles of Management
MG442 Quantitative Methods for Business II
EC401 Economics I
Students in the Business Administration concentration choose three courses from the following list:
AC402 Principles of Accounting II
FI402 Finance II
EC402 Economics II
MK402 Marketing II
MG432 Technology in Business II
Management Core Requirements (minimum of 21 semester hours)
Students in the Management concentration are required to take the following courses:
MG413 Managing Change
MG401 Human Resource Management
BUS412 Personnel Law
FI402 Financial Management
Students in the Management concentration choose three courses from the following lists:
MG402 Project Management
MG412 Human Services/Team Management
MG414 Non-Profit & Governmental Organizations
MG441 Quality Assurance
BUS4231 Business Psychology II
Elective Courses (39 semester hours)
Elective course work can be earned in several different methods, including core courses, transfer credit.
Students can take elective courses from the business core courses of the management and business administration concentrations.