Business Administration MBA
The program leading to the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree at the American Liberty University is designed to develop the student's analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities to meet the challenges of leadership in professional management positions at present and in the ever-changing world of the future.
The curriculum provides a challenging and creative learning environment in an intensive program of study that has a broad-based administrative emphasis. Recognizing that management methods of tomorrow may bear little resemblance to techniques in current use, the program emphasis is on sound general principles and decision-making techniques that provide a basis for continued learning and professional development rather than upon business procedures which are subject to obsolescence.
ALU is committed to employing technologically advanced teaching delivery. Over time, most of the courses contained in the MBA program will be offered by various means beyond traditional classroom instruction, including the Internet, videotapes, and audiotapes. Students will be encouraged to carry out-group exercises using “virtual teams” in which they will coordinate with each other using e-mail, web pages, and teleconferencing.
Admission Requirements/Application Procedure
Applicants must provide evidence of the following:
- Complete the Application for Admission and submit it with a non-refundable check or money order for $110.00 payable to American Liberty University.
- Graduation from a recognized college/university, or graduation with a B.S. degree (or equivalent) in business administration from an accredited or recognized institution.
- Professional and/or academic competence in Business attested through a letter of recommendation.
- Submit official transcripts from the previous colleges and/or universities.
- Submit a 1-2 page Statement of Educational Purpose addressing topics such as future career objectives, issues in education important to the applicant, experience in a business field, experience with a second language or cultural diversity, and other interests.
- Provide two current color passport size photos.
MBA Graduation Requirements
A student is eligible for graduation in the Master of Business Administration program when the following requirements are met:
- Satisfactory completion of all requirements in the program of study developed in consultation with the faculty members
- Satisfactory completion 12 core course-sets plus three electives, for a total of 15 courses (45 semester hours).
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- A thesis that must be relevant to the student’s field of study (optional).
- File a petition to graduate.
- Fulfillment of all financial obligations to the University.
MBA Course Requirements
Prerequisite: 3 units
For students without appropriate undergraduate business course work or substantial business experience, a pre-requisite course is required. The student will be notified when they are admitted if this course is needed.
BU5001 Business Principles
Required Courses: 36 units (each course 3 semester credits unless noted)
BU6001 Effective Communication for Managers
BU6002 Financial Accounting for Managers
BU6003 Leadership, Ethics, and Organizations
BU6004 Information Technology
BU6101 Legal Environment of Business
BU6102 Economic Analysis
BU6103 Marketing Management
BU6104 Organizational Behavior
BU6105 Managerial Finance
BU6107 Management Information Systems
BU6108 Quantitative Business Analysis
BU6109 Business Policy
Elective 9 units
Total 45 units
Students choose three elective courses. Elective courses are chosen from available courses within one of the professional graduate business concentrations and a Master’s Thesis (optional).