Business Administration Overview
The American Liberty University's College of Business and Administration helps career-oriented students develop the necessary capabilities to become effective leaders in a global, diverse and technologically rich environment. The College of Business Administration provides a high quality, leading edge educational experience to undergraduate and graduate students and to the broader professional business community. Our educational experience emphasizes fundamental management techniques and practical business experience while encouraging students to develop and nurture the entrepreneurial spirit.
We encourage professional business experiences with local, national, and international organizations to develop students’ entrepreneurial activities and provide incisive Teaching advantages outside the traditional classroom. This focus allows the College of Business Administration to strengthen its important relationships with businesses and other organizations. Recognizing the importance of discovery, the application of new knowledge to the betterment of society, and the value of professional growth of the faculty, we provide a supportive environment for scholarly research. Further, our students are challenged in their intellectual pursuits through opportunities for assisting faculty in both applied and basic research.
In order to fulfull the mission the College of Business Administration has identified a set of specific goals:
- The Business Administration must benefit the local community and society by promoting modern management knowledge and practice.
- The College of Business and Administration aggressively seeks to further its recognition and reputation among business leaders, the corporate community and academia. This will result in improved student recruitment, provide additional research opportunities for faculty and enhance placement opportunities for all our students.
- Instilling a spirit of excellence, professionalism, and responsibility among our students
- The Business Administration seeks continual improvement in the quality of its programs and teaching—graduating exemplary individuals who excel in managerial or educational positions worldwide.
- The Business Administration must attract, maintain and nurture an outstanding faculty. Since the faculty is critical to achieving the mission of the college, they must be encouraged and provided resources to develop important and relevant scientific research that advances both the understanding and the practice of management. To accomplish this, the college must foster and reward creative risk taking by the faculty in their research and their development of educational initiatives, and encourage efforts to communicate their research beyond the academic community.
- Selecting excellent faculty members and scholars who focus on management education and research theory and practice from a global perspective
- Given the globalization of business and business education, the Business Administration must attract an internationally diverse student body of the highest quality. Students are expected to excel academically as well as in terms of the management background they bring to the college and their prospects for success in their chosen endeavors.
Degrees and Programs
- Bachelor in Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration (Ph.D.)
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Executive MBA (EMBA)
- Executive Medical MBA (EMMBA)
- Government Administration
- Health Care Administration
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Human Resources Management,
- Information Systems Administration
- Information Technology Administration
- International Business
- Broadcast and Movie Administration
- Journalism and News Media Administration
- Law Administration
- Public Administration
- Cosmetology & Beauty Administration
- Engineering Administration
- Sport Administration.
Method of Instruction/Study:
Distance education as defined in section 94834 of the Code, does not require the physical presence of students and faculty at the same location but provides for interaction between students and faculty by such means as telecommunication, correspondence, electronic and computer augmented educational services, postal service, and facsimile transmission.
Undergraduate Independent Project
Each student may select one independent study projects in lieu of a textbook-based course to fulfill the course work requirements. The student will be required to submit to his/her faculty advisor the topic of the proposed independent project for approval. Each topic must be directly related to the fields of Business Administration. Each submission will be graded in the same manner as a textbook course.
Direct Studey and Elective Research Project
Each student may undertake a direct study or elective research project by utilizing his/her knowledge to handle a practical problem in the field. The learning outcome is to acquire new knowledge and be able to apply such knowledge by problem solving specific issues. The student is required to submit a study/project proposal to the University for approval. The final project must be typed and a proper citation, bibliography and glossary of terms should be included.
Evaluation of Lessons Submitted by Students
Students’ lessons will be evaluated within ten business days. Final projects will be graded within fifteen business days.
The Equipment to be used for Business Administration programs:
Computer, Webcam, Projector, Monitors, PowerPoint, some Computer Software, Courses' material and Books.
NOTICE CONCERNING TRANSFERABILITY OF CREDITS AND CREDENTIALS EARNED AT OUT INSTITUTION:
The transferability of credits you earn at American Liberty University is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the degree/certificate/diploma you earn in Business Administration program is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer.
If the degree/certificate/diploma that you earn at American Liberty University are not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your course work at the institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at American Liberty University will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending American Liberty University to determine if your degree/certificate/diploma will transfer.